This blog follows the adventures of Rosie,
our first puppy, as she gets up to mischief of one kind or another...



Wednesday 17 October 2012

Errant teenager?

These last few days have involved Rosie pushing those boundaries. She is nearly 6 months old and is trying it on. We have managed some lovely walks such as Radley Lakes, where we saw the swans appear from the morning mist.












Yesterday, I noticed this lovely shrub while trudging through the undergrowth. I took the road less travelled as I was trying to stop Rosie saying hello to the bicycles on the cycle path. At the moment Rosie averages 2.5 seconds between gulps as she attempts to eat unsuitable things. The walk back home included poo of unknown variety, probably fox, an old biro, Kit Kat wrapper and half a mature current bun. I managed successfully to steer her away from an old banana that has been on someone's lawn for at least 3 weeks now. She's had her eye on it but I'm still one step ahead...just.








This morning we enjoyed a walk with friends across a field. Rosie showing off her autumnal colours. She is enjoying playing a game of coming close to sniff whatever treat I have but not close enough to be put back on the lead. It is very frustrating and a cause of concern and much wasted time, usually while waiting in the rain. The other day it was worse because she found half a tennis ball and thought I was going to take it from her. Thankfully, Rosie is fickle and is happy to talk to other dog owners she knows and they have been helping me to catch her!

Unfortunately, while the field was good for four legged friends, it was not so good for two legged people, especially in wellies! At least I got a good workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment